See how to handle incomplete grades

April 2, 2019

ISU policy allows an Instructor to assign a student a temporary course grade of ‘Incomplete’ if special circumstances beyond the student’s control prevent course completion. The student must be passing the course at the time the incomplete is requested (i.e. minimum D- grade). Instructor and student complete an official Incomplete Contract that states what the student must do and how long the student has to complete the stated work. There is no minimum time frame guaranteed to the student. The maximum contract time allowed is 12 months or the end of the student’s graduation term, whichever is first. The ‘I’ remains on the student’s transcript and is accompanied by either an F or an instructor grade when the contract is done. To replace the incomplete grade, the instructor completes the Grade Report to the Registrar form, which requires signatures from the chair and dean, then returns it to the Office of the Registrar.

Read More

Contact Details:

Name: Karla Embleton
Phone: 515-294-9198
Department: in administration