Join the Movement Movement
Kinesiology and health is the largest major in the College of Human Sciences. Students study the biological and behavioral aspects of human movement through biomechanics, exercise physiology, and motor behavior and control.
You can choose from five career options:
- Community/Public Health. Settings include government programs and private organizations such as American Red Cross, etc.
- Exercise Science. Fitness settings such as private health clubs, employee fitness programs, cardiac rehabilitation, and sport enhancement programs.
- Physical Activity and Health Promotion. Promotion of physical activity and healthy lifestyles in various community based settings including worksites, schools, hospitals and other community agencies. New option.
- Physical Education Preparation Program. Preparation to teach at the elementary, middle school, and/or high school level.
- Pre-Health Professions. An interdisciplinary approach to the study of movement leading to careers in physical therapy, human medicine, and other allied health professions.
The kinesiology department utilizes numerous research and teaching laboratories. We have exercise labs, motor skills labs, bio labs and more. You can check out all the different labs under the Research and laboratories section.
High school coursework requirements
To enroll in the kinesiology and health curriculum, you must meet these high school coursework requirements:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of math (including one year each of algebra, geometry, and advanced algebra)
- 3 years of science (including one year each of two of the following: biology, chemistry, and physics)
- 2 years of social studies
Kinesiology and Health
2023-2024 4-year plans
Athletic training (PDF)
Diet and Exercise (PDF).
Exercise science (PDF)
Physical activity and health promotion (PDF)
Physical education teacher education (PDF).
Physical teacher education with health endorsement (PDF).
2023-2024 4-year plans continued
Pre-health professions – chiropractic (PDF)
Pre-health professions – dentistry (PDF)
Pre-health professions – human medicine (PDF)
Pre-health professions – occupational therapy (PDF)
Pre-health professions – optometry (PDF)
Pre-health professions – physician assistant (PDF)
Pre-health professions – physical therapy (PDF)
Accelerated degree option
An accelerated degree option is available for the kinesiology and health program.