After graduation, Anna plans to attend graduate school and eventually work as a pediatric occupational therapist. In her free time, she likes to be outdoors, go for walks/runs, play sports and play with animals. She also enjoys hanging out with friends and going shopping.
Get to know Anna
- Major: Kinesiology
- Class: Senior
- Hometown: McLean, Illinois
- Career goal: Pediatric Occupational Therapist
- Clubs/activities: Pre-Occupational Therapy Club, Student Alumni Leadership Council, Pi Beta Phi Sorority, Kinesiology Club, Dance Marathon
- Awards/honors: V. Everett and Grace Miller Donelson Memorial Scholarship, Winifred Tilden High Scholar Award, Dean’s List
- Favorite place on campus: Central Campus
- Most influential ISU mentor: Wesley Lefferts
- Favorite class: KIN 372, Motor Control
- Why Iowa State: Fell in love with the campus the first visit and instantly felt at home
Anna Davis strives for a future career impacting children’s lives
Anna Davis felt right at home when visiting Iowa State for the first time and seeing the school spirit shine through students and alumni. She also knew exactly what she wanted to do and that was to find a major that prepared her to positively impact children’s lives.
“A teacher in high school told a story about one of her twins being born with a slight deformation in the muscles of her neck from how she was placed in the womb, and that you would never be able to tell after she was done with occupational therapy,” Anna said. “I always knew I wanted to work with kids, so after hearing that story, I knew that is what I wanted to do.”
Experiences like observational hours give students the opportunity to take what they learn in the classroom and apply it to real-world situations.
“The knowledge we get in our classes is very applicable to things that are going to be in our career,” Anna said. “The staff are helpful in terms of preparing their students for being successful in whatever they plan to do after graduation.”
Anna enjoys being active and learning about the body’s movement. Studying kinesiology is preparing her for a future she’s passionate about.
“My favorite part about my field of study is being able to have an impact on people’s lives in a way that will make their life better,” Anna said.
As part of her Cyclone experience, Anna got involved in Occupational Therapy Club. It confirmed she’s on the right track for her future career.
“[Occupational Therapy Club] has allowed me to hear from occupational therapists who do what I want to do and get a better understanding of what a typical day would be like in this career.”
After graduation, Anna plans on continuing her education and hopes to work in pediatric occupational therapy.Student Spotlights