Meet your 2023-2024 Learning Community Peer Mentors

Alayna

Class: Junior
Major: Kinesiology and Health
Option(s): Pre-Physician Assistant
Hometown: Rockwell City, IA
About me: During my time here at Iowa State I have been involved in the Pre-Physician Assistant Club, CHS Ambassadors, The SHOP, and the ISU Blood Drive. I have also served as an undergraduate research assistant in Dr. Smiley’s Motor Control Research Lab. I am currently working as a skill development professional with ChildServe. In my free time I enjoy hammocking by Lake Laverne, shopping downtown, and reading. I am really excited to meet you all and work with you through your first semester as a cyclone!

Bailey

Class: Senior
Option(s): Occupational Therapy
Hometown: Ames, IA
About me: Hello everyone! In addition to my major I am double majoring in Journalism and Mass Communication. Over the past few years at Iowa State, I have been involved in Residential Life, living on campus as a Residential Assistant for the past 2 years and joined numerous clubs and organizations such as STARS Representatives, Occupational Therapy Club, Multicultural Student Affairs, and Kairos. In my free time, I enjoy going to local coffee shops, spending time outdoors, hammocking, longboarding, working out, and walking my cute, almost 1-year-old pup on campus! I usually spend summers at the lake in Minnesota, one of my favorite states. During the school year, I often cheer on the Cyclones by attending sporting events; my parents went to Iowa State, so I’ve been a Cyclone ever since I can remember. I am thrilled to get to know each and every one of you this year and be a part of building your future at Iowa State. 

Caitlin

Major: Pre-Athletic Training
Hometown: Huxley, Iowa
About me: Hello everyone! My name is Caitlin, I love to sit in the sun, hang out with my friends, and play guitar. One fun fact about me is that I must stop at every kid’s

lemonade stand I see. I also have a twin sister who goes to University of Iowa. Go cyclones!

Denali

Option(s): Community and Public Health
Hometown: Lynnville, Iowa
About me: Hey everyone! My name is Denali, and I am a Kinesiology Community & Public Health major with plans to continue on and become a nurse! A few things about me would be that I love hanging out with my friends and watching movies. I also have a dog, and we enjoy taking long walks through parks and trails. I can’t wait to meet some new people and make more connections. Roll Clones!

Eliot

Option(s): Pre-Physical Therpay
Hometown: Carroll, Iowa
About me: I love Popeyes, lifting weights, and being outside in the sun. 

Faith

Option(s): Pre-Physical Therapy
Hometown: Cottage Grove, Minnesota
About me: A little bit about me is I love walking through campus in fall, my favorite places to study on campus are in the MU on the 3rd floor by the Sun Room, and the other best spot is outside of the Hub. My favorite classes I’ve taken are anatomy and human diseases. My biggest piece of advice would be to pay attention in class.

Hope

Class: Sophomore
Option(s): Pre-Physical Therpay
Hometown: Wichita, Kansas
About me: Hi! A little bit about me is that I love to run! I’m currently on the cross country and track team here at Iowa State. I also love dogs, and love taking them on walks when I’m back home. I love spending time outdoors and traveling. My favorite place I’ve traveled to is Iceland. My favorite food is potatoes because there are so many ways to prepare them! I can’t wait to meet everyone! 

Justice

Option(s): Pre-Occupational Therapy
Hometown: Ankeny, Iowa
About me: In addition to my major, I am pursing a minor in human development and family studies. I love getting involved on campus and some of my favorites so far include my sorority Tri Delta, Dance Marathon, and Pre-Occupational Therapy Club! I can’t wait to meet you all this year!

Lauren

Option(s): Pre-Physician Assistant
Hometown: Omaha, Nebraska 
About me: In my free time, I enjoy hammocking around campus and going on walks at Ada Hayden. I am involved in the Pre-Physician Assistant Club as well as CHAARG. My favorite place to get a quick snack on campus is probably the Roasterie. I can’t wait to welcome all of you to Iowa State!

Matt

Major: Kinesiology and Biology
Option(s): Pre-Medicine
Hometown: Iowa City, Iowa
About me: In my free time I love being outside and enjoying the sun as well as hanging out with my friends. I spend my summers working in Minnesota at a summer camp. When I’m in Ames there is a solid chance I am in the library studying, or at the gym working out. Roll Clones!

Maya

Major: Kinesiology and Biology
Option(s): Pre-Occupational-Therapy
Hometown: Johnston, Iowa
About me: In my free time I love going on walks with friends or my dogs! I love exploring and traveling. My favorite types of trip are hiking and exploring new places. I love kinesiology and am part of many of those clubs on campus, as well as a member of the Greek community. I love Iowa State with my whole heart and can’t wait to meet everyone and show you how cool ISU is.

Olivia

Option(s): Pre-Human Medicine
Hometown: White Bear Lake, Minnesota
About me: Being from Minnesota I obviously love hockey and I even played until I was 17, and I played lacrosse as well! My favorite place on campus to study is the library in the spinny chairs on the first floor. My favorite class I have taken here at Iowa State was definitely human anatomy just because I love the subject. Lastly, one interesting fact about me is that I have six siblings!

Riley

Hometown: Overland Park, Kansas
About me: I am a member of the cross country and track team at Iowa State, and I love distance running. I love exploring local coffee shops, especially in Ames! My passion for kinesiology started in my involvement in many different sports, but I also enjoy the science-based aspect of kinesiology.

Rosie

Major: Pre-Athletic Training
Hometown: Arlington Heights, Illinois
About me: My name is Rosie.  A fun fact about me is that when I was in high school, I convinced my athletic trainers to let me keep a pet fish in the athletic training room.

Selena

Major: Pre-Athletic Training with a minor in Psychology
Hometown: Oakdale, Minnesota
About me: Hi everyone! I’m Selena I enjoy all things sports you can probably find me playing lacrosse, spike ball, sand volleyball, hockey or even at Hilton Coliseum where I work on the production crew. I love spending time with my friends, family, and dog. I also love traveling, my favorite place I have been is Oaxaca, Mexico where my dad is from! I really enjoy getting involved in campus life and enjoying our beautiful campus by hammocking and just hanging around. My guilty pleasures consist of buying too many books, going to too many concerts, and eating too much Mexican food! I can’t wait to welcome you to the Cyclone family! Roll Clones!!

Steph

Major: Kinesiology and Health with a minor in Gerontology
Hometown: Iowa City, Iowa
About me: My favorite food is Mac and Cheese and cheese curds. My favorite dessert is anything with dark chocolate. I love playing sports and am on the club basketball team at Iowa State. An interesting fact about me is that I cannot walk past a dog without asking their owner if I can pet them.

Need More Information?

Tom Parker

207 Forker
534 Wallace Road
Ames, IA 50011-4008
515-294-4090
tjparker@iastate.edu

Need More Information?

Mindy Cathcart

203 Forker
534 Wallace Road
Ames, IA 50011-4008