Meet your 2023-2024 Transfer Student Learning Community Peer Mentors!

Kassidy

Class: Junior
Major: Kinesiology
Option(s): Pre-Physical Therapy
Hometown: West Des Moines, Iowa
About me: Hello everyone! My name is Kassidy and I am one of your peer mentors for this Fall! My favorite study spot is hammocking on campus but when I am not studying, I like to spend time with friends, go to sporting events (I am a huge Chiefs fan!), go to concerts, and when I am still in Ames, you can most likely find me at Target! I am so excited to meet all of you!

Anaia

Class: Sophomore
Option(s): Pre-Physician Assistant
Hometown: Oak Harbor, Washington
About me: I love to work out, make glass paintings, and reading. My favorite study spot is the Student Innovation Center and studying with friends. Also, my Starbucks order is Grande iced matcha green tea, with chia and cold foam!! I can’t wait to meet all of you!

Jennifer

Class: Senior
Hometown: Lincoln, Nebraska
About me: I’m a transfer student from another four-year university and I hope that my own experiences can help other fellow students in their transition to Iowa State. In my free time I love to play guitar, ride horses, and take cycling classes. My favorite ice cream is anything chocolate, especially Cardinal Tracks from the ISU Creamery! I love animals and I hope to continue my education after PT school to be an animal physical therapist.

Timothy

Hometown: Romeoville, Illinois
About me: : I was a computer engineering major my entire first year here at Iowa State, and through my passion for fitness and health, I decided to switch to Kinesiology/pre-physical therapy. My go-to study spot is the Student Innovation Center, and if I’m not busy doing school work, I can usually be found at the Iowa State lifting club. 

Savannah

About me: Hi! My name is Savannah and I have a great passion for the field of kinesiology and I am so excited to share my experiences with others! I enjoy dancing, reading, painting, and hanging out with friends! I am apart of several organizations on campus such as ExerCYse is Medicine and DubH Hip Hop club just to name a couple! I can’t wait to be a peer mentor this year!

Laura

Major: Kinesiology and Health
Option(s): Pre-Occupational Therapy with a minor in Dance

Hometown: Walcott, Iowa

About me: Hello everyone! I am super excited to start the semester now as a senior at Iowa State! I am currently the President of Pre-Occupational Therapy Club. I also hold a supervisor position for the ISU Dining cafes. On my free time I like to hang out with my friends and family, exercise and go on walks, play card games, and watch movies! I can’t wait to meet everyone!

Joslyn

Class: Sophomore
Option(s): Pre-Occupational Therapy

About me:

Hello! My name is Joslyn Cameron and I am a sophomore in Kinesiology as a Pre-Occupational Therapy option, along with minors in Nutrition and Psychology. I am from Omaha Nebraska, but I was born in Chicago! I love to do puzzles and read.  

Cate

About me: Hello! My name is Cate Roth, I am a senior (4th year) this year. I am majoring in Kinesiology Pre-Med/ Pre-PT. I am from southeast Iowa and my hometown is a small town called Packwood, IA. Some things about me are I really enjoy all things fitness and health, I got a cat a year ago and his name is Tito, and my favorite way to spend my time is with friends and family.  

Need More Information?

Jeff Barton

0225 Forker
534 Wallace Rd Ames, IA 50011-4008
515-294-6254
jabarton@iastate.edu

Need More Information?

Christina Tait

203 Forker
534 Wallace Rd Ames, IA 50011-4008
515-294-3100
ctait@iastate.edu