Meet your 2020-2021 Transfer Student Learning Community Peer Mentors!

Cameron

Class: Senior
Major: Kinesiology and health
Option(s): Community and Public Health 
Hometown: Oak Park, IL 
About me: Hi everyone, my name is Cameron and I am from Oak Park, IL which is right outside of Chicago. I love spending time in the city and plan to move there after graduation. I am a 4th generation Iowa State student so my family is big Cyclone fans. Looking forward to meeting you all and can’t wait to take on the semester! 

Gwen

Option(s): Pre-Occupational Therapy
Hometown: Mason City, Iowa
About me: Hi, you can call me Gwen! I transferred to ISU from NIACC in Fall of 2020, so this will be my second year as a Cyclone! One fun fact about me is that I used to be a music major at NIACC, and I participated in dance team, show choir and concert band. I switched to kinesiology because of my love of fitness and passion to go into health care. Another fun fact is that I’ve been super into sports and fitness my whole life! I’m a dancer, swimmer, and runner, and also am a member of Max Oxygen CrossFit! If I’m not at school, I’m either working as a patient care tech at Mary Greeley, or shopping for shoes to add to my sneaker collection. I can’t wait to meet you all and have an awesome year!

Hannah

Option(s): Pre-Occupational Therapy
Hometown: Crystal Lake, Illinois
About me: I am involved in the Greek community on campus along with St. Jude. My favorite food is mac and cheese and sweet potato fries. My favorite spot to study on campus is at Parks Library because it’s so quiet and easy to concentrate there. My favorite class that I’ve taken so far is Psych 280: Social Psychology which I would definitely recommend. I can’t wait to meet all of you so soon!

Jayda

Class: Junior

Option(s): Community and Public Health

Hometown: Des Moines, Iowa

About me: Hi everyone! I am originally from Des Moines, Iowa and my favorite thing to do on my free time is try out new recipes and cook for my friends and family! My favorite study place on campus is the library or Gilman on the second floor. I am also apart of Science Bound as a SB Scholar and am currently becoming an Academic Support Mentor for the upcoming fall semester for the program which I am very excited about as well as being a peer mentor for the kinesiology program in addition! I look forward to working with all the students and having a great semester and school year!

Jessica H.

Class: Junior
Option(s): Community and Public Health
Hometown: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
About me: Hello everyone, a fun fact about me is I am a middle child of five kids. One of my favorite things is coffee, I could drink coffee all the time! Here on campus, I am involved in the sorority and fraternity community here on campus. As well as taking part in Dance Marathon every year. One of my favorite things to do is go to any type of sporting events, I love football and basketball the most. This will be my thirds semester as a peer mentor, and I am so excited!

Jessica T.

Class: Junior
Option(s): Pre-physician assistant

Hometown: Adel, Iowa
About me: My name is Jessica Thomas and I am a junior in the kinesiology department on a Pre PA track. I am involved in the Alpha Phi sorority on campus and the Pre PA club. I love hanging out my friends and going on runs. I’m so excited for this school year and to get to meet everyone! 

Megan

Option(s): pre-occupational therapy
Hometown: Oskaloosa, Iowa
About me: Hello everyone, my name is Megan and this is my second year here at Iowa State. After transferring from a community college, I hope to bring some valuable information and advice to our group. With a strong interest in surgery, I’ve decided to further my education by obtaining my surgical technologist certification after graduation! My favorite food is hamballs and almost all things sweet. I’m so excited for this school year and I look forward to getting to meet each of you! 

Zach

Major:  Kinesiology and health
Option(s): Pre-physical therapy
Hometown: Ankeny, Iowa
About me: Hi all! My name is Zach. A couple interesting facts about me are I love to play soccer, and if I could have any superpower, it would be the ability to fly. I also have changed majors three times, and I finally found something I love!

Need More Information?

Janessa Boley and Heather Robinson

Janessa Boley:
203A Forker
534 Wallace Rd
Ames, IA 50011-4008
515-294-3100
boleyj@iastate.edu

Heather Robinson:
205 Forker
534 Wallace Rd
Ames, IA 50011-4008