Master of Science Requirements
- 13 credits for the thesis option, nine credits for non-thesis option:
• STAT 587 (four credits)
• KIN 501 (three credits)
• KIN 699 (six credits) or KIN 599 for creative component (two credits)
- Nine credits in kinesiology specialization areas.
- These courses will be planned with the faculty advisor to ensure they are appropriate for the student’s career and educational goals.
- Three credits must be outside of the department.
- Thesis option: Eight credits of electives
- Non-thesis option: 15 credits of electives
- 30 credits minimum for the thesis option
- 33 credits minimum for a non-thesis option
- Thesis: The thesis requires a research project culminating in a written document that includes a well-supported rationale, review of literature, results, and a discussion of results.
- Creative component: The creative component requires a written document in which research is incorporated and applied to a professional setting.
- Presentation: Both the thesis and creative component must be orally defended in a public presentation before the Program of Study Committee.
Check out our catalog of courses you will have to take to get your M.S.