The focus of clinical education involves understanding how and why clinical decisions are made. Iowa State University provides for many diverse clinical education experiences both on and off campus with seasoned and experienced clinical preceptors. These opportunities are designed for development and growth of the emerging athletic training student. Please take advantage of these opportunities and continue to develop your clinical skills and knowledge during your time in the athletic training program.
Please remember athletic training clinical experiences and supplemental clinical experiences including travel expectations to clinical sites are the responsibility of the athletic training student. All costs associated with the program, including (but not limited to) tuition, fees, refund policies, travel costs, and clothing are made available online as well as in the program handbook.
ISU Athletic Training Clinical Sites
- Iowa State University Athletics
- Ames High School
- Gilbert High School
- Mary Greeley Medical Center
- Mary Greeley Emergency Department
- McFarland Clinic Sports Medicine and Orthopedics
- ISU Sports Medicine Physical Therapy Clinic
- McFarland Clinic Physical Therapy
- Special Olympics Iowa Summer Games