How to Qualify for and Obtain an Internship
Researching agency sites:
- Information will be given in KIN/HS 385 regarding the procedures in site location and selection early in the semester prior to the intended internship semester. General requirements, policies, and procedures will be discussed.
- You’re responsible for conducting a search for possible agency sites. Numerous resources are available in the Forker student lounge (room 102) to assist you in your search for agencies.
- An internship application must be completed by you stating the intention to complete an internship during a specified semester. Applications must be submitted to the internship coordinator by no later than one month into the semester prior to the intended internship.
- The application will be reviewed by the internship coordinator to ensure that minimum coursework requirements and grade point averages have been met. You will be informed of acceptance for an internship upon review by the coordinator.
Agency acceptance and faculty assignment
Following your agency search, the final site selection and confirmation must be arranged through the internship coordinator. The following steps must be completed:
- The Agency Acceptance Form is completed by the agency and you. This form outlines the specifics of the internship — job responsibilities and work assignments, starting/concluding dates, etc.
- The Agency Acceptance Form is reviewed by the internship coordinator and you, and final acceptance is given. An assignment may be refused by the coordinator if the experience does not fulfill internship requirements.
- Following agency approval, a faculty supervisor will be assigned to assist you with the completion of the internship. You will meet with the assigned faculty to review the expected format and due dates of reports and other details of communication.