Exercise Physiology Teaching Lab
Location: Room 283 Forker
- Students in several Kinesiology courses perform a full range of fitness assessment tests using the Exercise Metabolism Lab. Students also learn how to perform graded exercise tests to screen for cardiovascular disease, and graduate students learn how to interpret data from metabolic data collection. Students also practice these skills through involvement in the lab’s research projects.
- 4 Woodward Exercise Treadmills
- Phlebotomy area
- 4 Metabolic Carts
- Several Lode Mark Cycle Ergometers
- Biodex for assessing strength
- A storage room for research supplies and equipment
Body composition/anthropometric assessment and other equipment
- InBody – for bioelectrical impedance assessment
- Several skinfold calipers
- Anthropometric tapes
- Blood pressure cuffs
- Area for phlebotomy processing with centrifuge for spinning blood
- Various other equipment for examining cardiovascular, respiratory, metabolic, and muscular response to exercise.
Need More Information?
534 Wallace Rd
Ames, IA 50011-4008